I took this picture a long time ago, the punt in the back being that used by the lifeboat to ferry to the crew to and fro. Initially tried to use ink on the canvas surface but this did not work, the ink bleeding too much, so was forced to try acrylic over it which seems to have worked.
I have tried to keep it loose but have as usual got tied up in detail, but I think it has worked out alright.
This painting came about almost by accident. One of my students was trying out ink pigment. She discarded this one and I said I might use it as a background. There was a pool of paint in the centre so I let it run and the basis of a tree appeared which I then worked up with a black fineliner pen. The leaves were an afterthought which I put in with acrylic paint.