Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sketches with black pen

Cupboard-1

Seems ages since I posted anything, haven’t been painting much but have really got into sketching with a black pen, also it allows me to be a couch potato and still feel as though I’m doing something.Did this the other night while chilling with a glass of red, tried to get the impression of the light from the lamp, but didn’t get it as well as I would have liked.

Barbour-1

Did this one last night, again with a glass of red in the other hand. Found the image on the back of an old magazine I found amongst my books, it’s an advert for Barbour jackets, and it just appealed to me, although I don’t think I’d get dressed up like this to go sketching.

8 comments:

  1. Excellent drawings. I wish I could do as well with the human figure as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawings - I like the hatching. I am also proud to be an active couch potato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your drawings. They seem to have an organic feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sketches Phil! I have to agree with David there, your drawings have a lot of organic feel to them. Almost like they could turn into classics instantly and something you never get tired of looking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I love the way you capture texture with your cross hatching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of sketching with a glass of red by my side ... good tip ;) I think you've captured the lamplight very well in the first sketch, and the posture of the guy in Barbour is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the glimpse of the cups and plates on the dresser, great sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketches. I like your cross-hatching and composition on both sketches. You're making me feel guilty for sitting here on my iPad instead of with my sketchbook. Both like to fight for my attention. I love looking at other people' art as much as doing my own. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete