Friday, January 14, 2011

EDM Callenge 304

shoelaces

belt

I tried to think of something less obvious to sketch for this challenge but the brain wasn’t being very ambitious, so I settled for tying shoelaces and tying a belt. I tried to sketch fairly fast so that the sketches remained fairly loose. I find using just pencil very difficult as far as getting the values correct, but this is great practice and does stand to one when using colour.

Apple

I am a member of a local art group and we meet fairly regularly with the aim of painting or sketching, this normally degenerates quickly into a wine tasting event , but above is a quick watercolour sketch from last autumn when we resisted the alcohol and actually worked outside.

4 comments:

  1. I'd say you nailed the challenge without a doubt ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with this challenge, and I was wondering .... is there room for 1 more in your art group? Oh yes, I forgot -- you're across the pond. Darn!! lol nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you've drawn the laces without outlining the shoe, an original way to do it.

    Love the boats in your latest post too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the challenge! I like how you isolated just that main bit.

    ReplyDelete