Monday, April 14, 2008

Painting a day!


I've been fascinated by the work of some of the "daily painters, so i thought I would have a go. This painting is acrylic on daler board and is 5x7 inches. I usually work on quite big canvases so it was a new discipline to work so small.While I don't put it in the class of some of the other daily painters I am not totally displeased with it. While I probably won't achieve a painting everyday I am going to try to do more, I really like the idea of working small and finishing a painting in a couple of hours.
Was a bit late taking my walk today as I had a class first thing this morning. An absolutely stunning day made better by a beautiful Peacock butterfly, my first this year, also a Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff and a male Wheatear, plus several pairs of Chough doing acrobatics in the sky, all the time calling with there sharp notes which their name describes. Nice to see the buds on the sycamores, almost ready to unfurl.

No comments:

Post a Comment