Sunday, April 27, 2008

Statement of intent.



I started this blog as a means of introducing my art to the internet, but it always seems to end up as a diary of my daily doings with my art thrown in, so I think I'll leave it like that and just ramble on, and if people start picking up on my art all the better, if not then its not the end of the world.Its hard to know what people think as very few leave comments, and to be honest very few read my blog!

I am not a famous artist and never will be, but I do work as a full time artist now and also run art classes, which I love. I am very lucky as I have a studio in the same building as a Gallery, the Stephen Pearce Gallery so I have a permanent exhibition of my works. I have a website called "The Art of Phil Davis" and it would be great if readers would have a look and comment on my work, good or bad! The painting shown here is called "Peeping through", I dont know the name of the plant , but it was growing in a hole in a concrete post.

Anyway , thats enough rambling for today, so will sign off.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Phil,
    I know this is an old post but just wanted to let you know that I love this painting.
    It's wonderful with great feeling and amazing light. I wish I had painted it.
    I put a link to it on my reply to your comment on my blogsite.
    Stew.
    stewcrowther.wordpress.com
    _________________________

    ReplyDelete