Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Forest fire

"Forest Fire" Oil Paints on Canvas 106x79cm approx
If you are interested in this painting you can contact
me on phildavis@iol.ie or http://www.artofphildavis.com/

Hi all, haven't posted for a few days because I have been in the studio solidly over the Easter weekend. Luckily the weather was pretty good and there were a few visitors around so managed to sell an original and a couple of prints, to keep the wolf from the door. As you can see by the painting above I am still on my abstract kick and still enjoying it immensely. I really think this is my way forward, as I have never got so much out of painting over the last 20 years as I do now...does that make sense? I am beginning to learn new techniques, different ways to use the paint, and this is making the whole process more manageable

What I really love is that everyone that looks at the paintings sees something totally different, and guess what...they are all right, even when I look afresh I see a new story.

Anyway, we are back to the normal Irish weather today, rain , so I am heading to the studio, I had a class last night so must clear up and then will do some painting while the mood is on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment