Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Garden

"Spring Garden" Acrylic on canvas. 120x90x4 cm unframed
If you are interested in this painting you can contact me on
phildavis@iol.ie . For other images www.artofphildavis.com

Hopefully, Spring is on it's way, the sun is even shining outside the window and the light is amazing, I should be out painting instead of sitting at the computer, but I felt guilty that I hadn't updated my blog for several days.
As you can see by the picture, I am still in my "abstract" mode, and I have to say that I have never been so fired up about my art as I am now, I find it very hard to stay away from my studio, and in fact am getting up earlier so that I can spend more time there. I find it amazing,that after 20 odd years of being a realist, I have overnight become an abstract artist, but maybe thats only my opinion.
Tomorrow sees the opening of the "Clock Tower Gallery" in Cobh, Co Cork , and I am proud to say that I have paintings on display there. I am in good company , with some of Cork's finest artist there, like Cobh artist Philip Gray, sculptor Blessing Sanyanga, and Cork artist John Adams.
In my last post I asked if anybody could advise me about manipulating my blog, as I found it quite difficult to move photos etc. True to form Katherine Tyrrell of "Making a mark" fame, immediately offered assistance. Many thanks Katherine. If anyone out their hasn't read her blogs or looked at her websites, they should make a point of doing so, the wealth of information for artists on all kinds of subjects is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment