Saturday, January 9, 2010

Work in progress (cont)

At the moment all I am doing is filling in the leaf shapes without putting in any real detail. I am using a limited pallet so that I hope the painting will gel together.

 IMG_0583-2

At this stage I have begun to introduce  detail into some of the leaves and I am already wondering whether I will make this a painting in the “Jack Frost” series or will I leave it in the autumn colours. it remains to be seen.

IMG_0601-2

 

Bad News & Good News

With the recession biting deeply, it wasn’t much of a surprise albeit disappointing to hear just before Christmas that a new gallery , that I had some work in, was closing down after only 6 months. They stayed open up to New Year in the hope that people would buy prints etc as last minute presents, so I was delighted to hear today that they had sold an original of mine (shown below)

DSCN2142-1

I think I will have several glasses of red wine tonight to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the sale Phil!
    Your leaf study is gathering warmth and has certainly a more Autumn feel to it which I prefer rather than the frosty look.
    Another hot day here with 32c forecast for tomorrow!
    Cheers, Richard

    ReplyDelete