Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all that stumble upon this blog,
I hope you find it interesting, or at least like looking at the pictures. This one is a Red Pelargonum, I think , which I believe is of the geranium family. I was attracted to the deep red against the complimentary green, its painted on black Canford paper with coloured pencils.
What is it about New Year that we start soul searching, I have spent the last few days trying to decide what direction my art should take, for the last 20 years or so I have flitted from one medium to another, one subject type to another.....when I look at some of the incredible art on line it would seem that other artists stick to one genre (is that the right word) and spend years trying to perfect it, is this the way to go?You would have thought that at nearly 60 years of age I would have had this sorted by now! Anyway I suppose it will work itself out in the end.
Having had a Christmas break from running my art classes, I am in the process of restarting them next week. I always restart with a sense of trepidation, but this very quickly wears off when I see the enthusiasm of my students, many of whom are becoming really good artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment