Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home is the hunter

"Home is the hunter" Pen and watercolour on Arches paper. 28cm x 38cm

Original for sale unframed @ €200.00

Limited editin giclee prints available mounted @ €60.00

Enquiries please to phildavis@iol.ie or http://www.artofphildavis.com/


With a gale force 9 blowing and not a fishing boat out around the coast I thought I would post a picture of calmer times. This painting is based on my Son-in -law and his boat "Spes Firma" after they had returned from a trip 30 miles off shore with a good catch of Hake, Pollack and Ling.


For the last year or so I have found myself drawn away, more and more from large canvas and oils to smaller paintings in watercolour .Having never considered myself a watercolourist, I am reasonably happy with my efforts, though I realise a lot of improvement can be made. It is a huge advantage these days to be able to go online and view hundreds of other artists and their techniques, and I think that all those artists who post demo's and works in progress show a real a real generosity of spirit in their willingness to share their talent with others. With this is mind, this year I would like to try and share my limited talent and intend posting WIP's and demos from time to time.My biggest problem is that I get so engrossed in my work that I forget to take the photos and end up with a photo of the start and one of the finished painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment