Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year Resolution

IMG_7866-1
Normally my resolution is not to make any resolutions, but this year decided to tackle two, faces and watercolours.What am I doing?
This is my second watercolour of 2012, unfortunately I made my daughters cheeks too crimson alizarin, looks like a rash. Any suggestions? Have tried damping and spongeing, also tried Gouache over it but it’s still to RASH.
IMG_7828-1
This is my first painting of 2012, I used an image from http://www.wetcanvas.com/, which you can find at http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=132878
I am reasonably pleased with the result, but obviously there is huge room for improvement.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Phil,
    Happy New Year.
    Don't think I am going to be much use here because....
    1)I don't use watercolour (though I would like to have a go soon).
    2)I like it as it is. I know what you mean but really - it is wonderful mate.

    The second painting (or the first of 2012) is fantastic.
    Thanks for letting us see these paintings Phil.
    Stew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faces & watercolour great goals for 2012.

    Re the "rash" a learning study prior to version 2 perhaps?

    Looking forward to seeing lots of faces this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what I was thinking Sue. Thanks for the comment, and thanks Stew for your admiration(mutual of course)

    ReplyDelete