Monday, February 7, 2011

Foxy Lady

Foxy Lady

I first showed this on the blog 3 years ago, when to be honest ,only about two people in the world knew I had a blog. Recently refound it, stashed along with a few watercolours and other miscellaneous items.

Its coloured pencil on black canford paper, I remember at the time that it seemed to take forever to build up the colour and at the end I wasn’t very happy with the result. Looking at it afresh I don’t think its so bad, but if I did it again or something similar, I think I would maybe use mixed media, maybe acrylic and coloured pencil.

Cockerel

Still can’t seem to get down to painting, so am making myself sketch, so that I am doing something. Did this from a photo I took a couple of years ago, when a very nice man let me wander round his farmyard with my camera.