Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How to get ahead

Hi, I have managed to hijack my blog back from Bob, so I can advertise the upcoming exhibition of the artists in my art classes.
“A REAL PIECE OF WORK”
AN EXHIBITION OF PAINTINGS
FRIDAY 9TH AUGUST @7.30
DOWNSTAIRS IN SHANAGARRY”
SHANAGARRY DESIGN CENTRE
SHANAGARRY CO CORK.
EVERYBODY WELCOME

IMG_0402-001 
This is still a work in progress but at least she has a head! I started this yonks ago to try out oil pastels but I didn’t get on well with them, then I tried acrylics and then oil paint over it, making up the scene as I went along, which is very unusual for me.This is the cropped version, which is the one I prefer, below is the uncropped one. Which do you prefer?
IMG_0402-002
 
DONT FORGET TO VISIT MY NEW WEBSITE
 

2 comments:

  1. I like the lower picture because she is "in situ", nestled into the grass. Great head too. Lovely painting!!

    ReplyDelete