Monday, March 16, 2009

Commission Finished


I know I posted this picture recently, but this is the final version. Its oil on canvas and measures 120cm x 90 cm approx. The lady that commissioned the work arrived last Thursday, and as usual I was a bag of nerves, in case it wasn't exactly what she wanted. It was a great relief when she smiled and said she loved it !
After working on quite large pieces I find it nice to go to the other extreme for a while and work small. With this in mind I have been painting more geese and chickens on 12 x 18 cm canvas boards, I've been working on three together and they are nearly finished so will post them here soon.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Phil, I get a warm, happy feeling from the boats as they wait in anticipation of going to harvest the sea.
    Cheers, Richard

    ReplyDelete